June 5, 2018, 6:30pm to 8pm
1330 West Ave, The Waverly
- Eleven (11) new garabage cans and 3 doggie bag dispensers placed between 5th to 17th Street
- Bernie advised that the best way to catch illegal short term rental (STR) is when they leave, NOT when they arrive. More likely then to throw owner under the bus
- G.O. Bond by City of Miami Beach CFO, John Woodruff, and Commissioner Mark Samuelian
- Property tax bill increases $100 for every $100,000 assessed value of your home, i.e. $300 increase on a $300,000 home.
- The G.O. Bond has the added benefit in that it will leverage grant money
- Eleven (11) person citizen oversight committee choosen to recommend which projects makes the list. No members from our neighborhood, most live in midbeach.
- City already has a rainy day fund for hurricane cleanup and repairs
- Frank DelVecchio recommends the G.O. Bond referendum be postponed until 2019 special election
- State Rep Candidates District 113 – Michael Grieco, Kubs Lalchandani, Deede Weithorn