A neighborhood priority is to complete the Baywalk along the entire bay front from 5th Street to 17th Street. And to connect the West Ave Baywalk with South of Fifth, either over or under MacArthur Causeway.
Recently, the city negotiated an extension of the Baywalk with the condominium at 1450 Lincoln Road, which will extend over the water so as not to infringe on private property.
As new developments are created the remainder of the Baywalk will slowly be completed. More Information
It seems the city has permission for all sections behind condos except for one section. Summary below:
- Completed – 5 Segments (3405 ft; 56%)
Bentley Bay, Floridian, Waverly, Flamingo, Capri
- Completed but not yet open to the Public – (650 ft; 11%)
- In process of being completed by developer- (160 ft; 3%)
- In process of being completed during West Ave Renovation Phase II, funding in place – (115 ft; 2%)
Lincoln Bay Towers at 1450 Lincoln Rd
- Rights granted to the City, property owner was supposed to build and pay for this section but will not abide by agreement. (935 ft; 15%). UPDATE April 2018,
negotiations with developer to build baywalk are again underway.
Mondrian, Mirador North, Mirador South
- Rights granted to City, City must construct, City approved $300k for design & permit- (425 ft; 7%)
South Bay Club
- No rights or easements granted to the City – (340 ft – 6%) Bay View Terrace, Bay Garden Manor
With some focus on our part, we could realistically get all but the last category completed and open to the public in the next couple of years which would bring us to 94% completion.