A neighborhood priority is to complete the Baywalk along the entire bay front from 5th Street to 17th Street. And to connect the West Ave Baywalk with South of Fifth over MacArthur Causeway.
Sections of the Baywalk are completed behind private properties as the city negotiates with these owners one by one.
The city has permission for all sections behind private condominiums except for the section in red below:
- Completed – 5 Segments (3405 ft; 56%)
Bentley Bay, Floridian, Waverly, Flamingo, Capri
- Completed but not yet open to the Public – (650 ft; 11%)
- In process of being completed by developer- (160 ft; 3%)
- In process of being completed during West Ave Renovation Phase II – (115 ft; 2%)
Lincoln Bay Towers at 1450 Lincoln Rd
- Rights granted to the City, property owner was supposed to build and pay for this section but will not abide by agreement. (935 ft; 15%). UPDATE April 2018,
negotiations with developer to build Baywalk are again underway.
Mondrian, Mirador North, Mirador South
- Rights granted to City, City must construct, City approved $300k for design & permit- (425 ft; 7%)
South Bay Club
- No rights or easements granted to the City – (340 ft – 6%) Bay View Terrace 1228 West Ave and Bay Garden Manor 1250 West Ave.
With some focus, all but the last category can be completed and open to the public in the next couple of years which would bring us to 94% completion.
- 1450 Lincoln Rd Final Order, 2012
- Mondrian Agreement 2007, 2008, 2009
- Mondrian escrow reduced $1.4M to $800k, March 2012
- Southgate Tower, see Condition 4
- Historical Information Bentley, Floridian, Mondrian, 2011
- $3M FDOT grant Atlantic walkway (July 2017). Can this connect to Baywalk?